(No, "Kindergarden" in the title is not misspelled.)
The book Kindergarden of Evil grew out of a “policy wonk” speech given by the author at a Heritage Foundation gathering in 2007. This codification of Liberal behavior into 4 laws and 3 Corollaries was declared the “Unified Field Theory of Liberalism” by Andrew Breitbart. I have to enthusiastically agree. It made sense to me on almost every page.
To truly understand the term “Unified Field Theory” and how much of a revelation this is, I should give a very short and simple Physics lesson.
Quantum Mechanics is the science of particle theory. Studied and quantified in the early 20th century by men like Max Planck, Erwin Schrödinger (yes, the “Schrödinger’s cat” guy), Werner Heisenberg (of the “Heisenberg Uncertainly Principle,” not the "Breaking Bad" guy), and others theorized, tested and developed the concepts of how the Universe works on the Atomic (and sub-atomic) levels.
General relativity generalizes special relativity and Newton's law of universal gravitation, providing a unified description of gravity as a geometric property of space and time, or spacetime.
Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity are both accepted as scientific fact… except they are mutually exclusive. Albert Einstein developed the phrase “Unified Field Theory” to describe the work to reconcile these two sciences. Einstein spent the last half of his life and many scientists since his death in 1955 to achieve this objective without success.
If or when the “Unified Field Theory” of physics is found (I have no idea when that will be), that knowledge will answer many questions about the Universe.
So when Mr. Sayet’s insights are called the “Unified Field Theory of Liberals” that’s how revelationary (not revolutionary) these ideas are.
Below are spoilers.
We start off with the two types of Modern (post WWII) Liberals: the True Believer and the Mindless Foot Soldier.
Sayet describes the True Believer thusly:
“…[t]he True Believer is an ideologue with a utopian vision, and as with both ideologues and those with utopian visions, the truth invariably gets in the way.”
I describe the Mindless Foot Soldier like I always have:
“Someone who prefers “ideas that sound good” over “good, sound ideas.” It sounds fair that a plumber and a doctor gets paid the same for their labors. When reality gets in the way, an honest evaluation would be that most doctors would rather do plumbing work if they’re going to get plumbers pay. The hours are shorter, the schooling is quicker and cheaper, the lawsuits are a lot smaller and the chance of someone dying from a screwup by a plumber is a lot less than a doctor screwing up.”
Here are the rules:
- Indiscriminateness – the total rejection of the intellectual process – is an absolute moral imperative.
- Indiscriminateness of thought does not lead to indiscriminateness of policies. It leads to siding only and always with the lesser over the better, the wrong over the right and the evil over the good.
- Modern Liberal policies occur in tandem. Each effort on behalf of the lesser is met with an equal and opposite campaign against the better.
- The Modern Liberal will ascribe to better the negative qualities associated with the lesser while concurrently ascribing to the lesser the positive qualities found in the better.
- The Modern Liberal may have personal standards but he must deny them and militate against their use and those who use them in the public arena.
- Modern Liberals do not and cannot seek to better themselves or society. Instead they must lower others and society to their level.
- Modern Liberals have secondary policies that are meant only to somewhat mitigate the greater suffering that their primary policies created or exacerbated.
A prime recent example is when President Trump called the gang MS-13 “animals.” A person capable of coherent reasoning can understand what Trump meant, namely they act only for their own betterment and not society. That didn’t stop the Radical Leftists from jumping in large droves to defending MS-13. Let me make this clear, these gang-bangers are not nice people because if they perceive you as a threat they will wipe out you and your family to your 3rd cousin twice removed. They will kill you, then sit on your still-warm corpse and eat a sandwich.
These Laws also explain how Modern Liberals can support “poor, downtrodden” Muslims, while simultaneously supporting the LGBTQ community, and totally ignoring how Muslims like to throw homosexual men off the roof of buildings to kill them. Supporting two groups of people I can see, accept and understand. Simultaneously supporting two groups when one group is trying to kill the other group doesn’t make sense to me.
Their concept of "everything must be equal and the same" is clearly evident in how they build up the Muslim faith and tirelessly work to tear down Christianity and Judaism. They demand your children in school dress in Muslim garb during "Muslim Appreciation Week" but go into a full spittle-spraying, grand-mal seizure temper tantrum if a student even whispers "Jesus." They are okay with Palestinian terrorists sending hundreds of rockets into Israel, and the second the Israeli military returns fire Liberals start screaming bloody murder.
Shall I go on with the examples?