I have seen many things over the past two weeks, let me detail them to you.
The good things I have seen:
- Politeness in the midst of the frenzy.
- People "coming together alone" to try and interrupt the spread of this virus.
- People realizing that medical personnel, first responders and truckers are more important to them than celebrities.
- A unity of national purpose I have not seen since 9/11.
- People realizing that local and state governments can help them faster and better than the federal government could ever do so.
- School systems at the local level pivoting literally overnight to deliver schooling to kids remotely.
- Kindness, care and respect freely given to the elderly.
- A collective awareness that everyone should be a "prepper" to keep their household fed in a crisis like this.
The bad things I have seen:
- The mainstream media engaging in a level of panic-inducing and fear-mongering that I have never seen before, and they are doing their damnedest to lay the blame on Trump to try and make him defeatable him in November.
- Leftists clamoring for Trump to take Dictatorial power to "save them," the same powers they have accused him over the last three years of already taking.
- Politicians engaging in insider trading by using non-public knowledge to protect their own interests.
- Empty shelves from panic buying, which is unwarranted at this point because the supply chain is intact and will continue to supply everything for another 2-4 months minimum.
The one funny thing I saw was beside the empty supermarket shelves, the gluten-free and vegan sections are untouched.
Through all of this, PLEASE be of good cheer and help others as best as you can. We are all in this together.